life of a cuddlebit

my random ramblings


7 Comments

troubleshooting

Right now, one of my fur babies is sick. My brown bunny-Pepper is having a case of rabbit “head tilt“.

photos from the internet

photos from the internet

We already took her to the vet. Pepper had a antibiotic injection and was prescribed Polecin.

To be administered twice a day. Two drops on every ear.

By now I am also giving Trixy-the white bunny a drop of Polecin on each ear. Preventive measures.

Moving along, Our revised invites also came in. So, we are now contemplating on how to send all these to their recipients… 

say hello to the trifold version!

say hello to the trifold version!

While doing that, I am also busy crafting/sewing. Yes another D.I.Y. project. I must be cray. 

This time it is for my flower girls. Actually, I am quite happy with their dresses because they look like what I really wanted.

the dress before the flowers

At the shop: the girls dresses before the flowers, pardon the lighting. They look cute right? I am still waiting for the embellishments. 

So fast forward to a few days after… the dresses now look like this.

just look at it.

Again pardon the lighting. 

Ugh. Yes. I wanted applique flowers. But, not those reddish-purple flowers… It is not my color. I specifically asked for pastel colors. blush, lilac and peach. I got blush, purple and the reddish-purple color I hate. So, I had to get it fixed. But again since December is so near… there is no way the seamstress is going to get the time to make new flowers. 

That leaves me with: take it as it is or create my own flowers.

I chose the latter. Again I blame my O.C. -ness. 

So I created flower templates and got 3 yards of crystal organza (these are the shiny type of organza) -one yard per color.

I was still enthusiastic at this time

lilac, blush and peach- finally my colors! I was still excited with starting my project at this time…

And the madness starts. I began cutting out flowers of different sizes that turned out to hacking the fabric with scissors!

All the while asking myself why did I even start this madness?

after cutting

after hacking away the fabric and cleaning up a bit of my mess to make my table picture worthy…

After that photo I have no more decent photos as I was busy burning and sewing the fabric flowers. I will just tell you that it was not easy. 

burn baby burn

I am having a hard time taking a photo of what I am doing and doing the burning so, this photo is just to give you an idea on what I am doing… do I even make sense?

Most of my flowers came out burnt, my hands are also a bit burned. My success rate is a mere 30%.

this one is a success!

this one is a success! so burn around five more (six per layers per flower) and sew them up. 

So here is my weird and wonky burned flowers.

so out of ten

Out of ten flowers, only three make it. 

And some of the wastage I managed to take a photo of… my nanny swept off most of my mess. 

all this in one day

all this scraps in one day.

Of course finally the product of my burnt hands and sweat.

these are made with sweat and tears and shouting and gliter

these are made with sweat and tears.

I only managed to make around six flowers in a three/four hours – I do this after dinner before going to bed. Usually start making these around eight in the evening and throwing in the towel by twelve. I need around eight flowers and six tiny flowers per flower girl.

Advertisements